(52)5556231333 Ext: 39836
I am interested to understand how abiotic stresses affect the establishment of the symbiosis between common bean and rhizobia. Additionally, I am characterizing new regulators of the early stages of the legume-rhizobia symbiosis. For these projects, I am using common bean as a crop plant and M. truncatula as legume plant model.
- Common bean-rhizobia symbiosis
Current N-related Projects:
- Effects of the Phosphorus deficiency in the establishment of the common bean-rhizobia symbiosis.
- Identification of new regulators of the early stages of the legume-rhizobia symbiosis
1. Reyero-Saavedra M, et al. 2017. Gene silencing of Argonaute5 negatively affects the establishment of the legume-rhizobia symbiosis. 28 (12). doi: 10.3390/genes8120352
2. Yan Z, Hossain MdS, Valdés-López O, Hoang NT, Zhai J, Wang J, Libault M, Brechenmacher L, Findley S, Joshi T, Qiu L, Sherrier DJ, Ji T, Meyers BC, Xu D, and Stacey G. (2016). Identification and functional characterization of soybean root hair microRNAs expressed in response to Bradyrhizobium japonicum infection. Plant Biotecnology Journal. 14, 332-341.
3. Yan Z, Hossain MDS, Arikit S, Valdés-López O, Zhai J, Wang J, Libault M, Ji T, Qiu L, Meyers BC, and Stacey G. (2015). Identification of microRNAs and their mRNA targets during soybean nodule development: functional analysis of the role of miR393j-3p in soybean nodulation. New Phytologist. 207, 748-759.
4. Nova-Franco B, Íñiguez LP, Valdés-López O, Alvarado-Affantrager X, Leija A, Fuentes SI, Ramírez M, Paul S, Reyes JL, Girard L, Hernández G. (2015). The micro-RNA172c-Apetala2-1 node as a key regulator of the common vean-Rhizobium etli nitrogen fixation symbiosis. Plant Physiology. 168, 273-291.
5. Naya L, Paul S, Valdés-López O, Mendoza-Soto AB, Nova-Franco B, Sosa-Valencia G, Reyes JL, and Hernández G. (2014). Regulation of copper homeostasis and biotic interactions by microRNA 398b in common bean. PLoS ONE. 9, e84416.
6. Yan Z, Hossain MdS, Wang J, Valdés-López O, Liang Y, Libault M, Qiu L, and Stacey G. (2013). Mir172 regulates soybean nodulation. Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions. 26, 1371-1377.
7. Valdés-López O, Yang SS, Aparicio-Fabre R, Graham PH, Reyes JL, Vance CP, and Hernández G. (2010). MicroRNA expression profile in common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) under nutrient deficiency stresses and manganese toxicity. New Phytologist. 187, 805-818.
8. Hernández G, Valdés-López O, Ramírez M, Goffard N, Weiller G, Aparicio-Fabre R, Fuentes SI, Erban A, Kopka J, Udvardi MK, and Vance CP. (2009). Global changes in the transcript and metabolic profiles during symbiotic nitrogen fixation in phosphorus-stressed common bean plants. Plant Physiology. 151, 1221-1238.
1. Valdés-López O, Zogli P, Qiao Z and Libault M. 2017. Genomics of the fixation, uptake and assimilation of nitrogen in legumes. Editors: Scoot Jackson and Rajeev Vrshney. Springer Nature (In press)
2. Sánchez-Correa MS, Valdés-López O. 2017. Physiological Mechanisms and Adaptation strategies in common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) under P deficiency. In “Legume nitrogen fixation in soils with low phosphorus availability”. Editors Saad Sulieman and Lam-Son Phan Tran. ISBN: 978-3-319-55728-1.
3. Valdés-López O, and Hernández G. 2015. Early responses in the root-rhizobia interaction. In “Advances in Botanical Research Plant Microbe Interactions. Volume 75. Editors Harsh Bais and Janine Sherrier. Science Direct. ISBN: 978-0-12-42116-3.
4. Valdés-López O, and Sussman MR. 2015. Leveraging large-scale approaches to dissect the rhizobia-legume symbiosis. In Biological Nitrogen Fixation. Volume 2. Edited by Frans J de Brujin. Wiley and Sons. ISBN: 978-1-118-63704-3