chargée de recherche/ project leader
2003-phD: Paris, France
2003-2006: post doc with Enrico COEN, JIC, Norwich UK
2006-2008: post doc with Clare GOUGH, LIPM, France
2008-present: permanent position as a researcher at CNRS, LIPM, Toulouse, France
- How symbiotic signals cross talk with hormonal pathways to control root development and the establishment of symbiosis
Current N-related Projects:
- Towards understanding the molecular mechanisms whereby LCOs and auxin cross talk to regulate root development and early steps of nodulation
– Buhian WP and Bensmihen, S. Mini-Review: Nod Factor Regulation of Phytohormone Signaling and Homeostasis During Rhizobia-Legume Symbiosis. Frontiers in Plant Science. 2018 DOI:10.3389/fpls.2018.01247
– Herrbach V, Chirinos X, Rengel D, Agbevenou K, Vincent R, Pateyron S, et al. Nod factors potentiate auxin signaling for transcriptional regulation and lateral root formation in Medicago truncatula. J of experimental botany. 2017 68(3):569-83. DOI: 10.1093/jxb/erw474
– Rival P, de Billy F, Bono JJ, Gough C, Rosenberg C, Bensmihen S. Epidermal and cortical roles of NFP and DMI3 in coordinating early steps of nodulation in Medicago truncatula. Development. 2012;139(18):3383-91. doi: dev.081620 [pii]10.1242/dev.081620.
-Bensmihen S, de Billy F, Gough C. Contribution of NFP LysM domains to the recognition of Nod factors during the Medicago truncatula/Sinorhizobium meliloti symbiosis.PLoS One. 2011;6(11):e26114. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0026114.